Most people are surprised by how much help they can get with dealing with their debt. Debt is not something that needs to be hidden away and ignored. It is something that needs to be dealt with and there are many people and tools to help you do this.
Our customers tell us time and time again “we did not know how much you could help, we thought there was no way out of our situation”
and “we couldn’t believe how quickly you were able to stop our creditors contacting us all the time”
and, most often “we should have done this months ago”.
You probably do not know how a debt management company such as us can actually help you. Let us explain. A typical case would have the following easy steps:
- We would go through your debts and see how much money you are being asked to pay each month for every creditor, including interest. We would help you check each debt - sometimes we find things like you have been charged too high an interest rate, or late payment fees have been unfairly taken, or, the debt is not actually enforceable (maybe the goods or services were not received or faulty)
- We then go through your income and other monthly expenses to see what you have left at the end of each month that could go towards paying off your debt.
- Then we agree a monthly payment with you that you are comfortable paying. We then decide how much of this amount to apportion to each creditor, normally based on how much is owed.
- With this agreed, we approach all your creditors (with your permission) and get them to agree to accept their proportion of this monthly payment and to freeze all interest charges.
- We, from then on, deal with your creditors and you get from us a monthly statement showing the debt being paid off.
There are, of course, many other things that we can do. And not all people are as simple to deal with as this. Sometimes, the debt is too much to handle and we have to consider an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) where we get the creditors to reduce the amount of money that is owed to them in return for a contractually binding agreement to pay a set amount per month. All these things can be discussed once you come to us for help.
We see a person dealing with debt as a bit like going to the doctor. You know you have a problem and it is bothering you. You go to the doctor. You don’t know what the medicine is going to taste like, but you do know that the doctor is going to do everything he can to cure you of your problem. An you also know that by taking that step, you have a much better chance of your problem going away than if you don’t go. This is the same with us. If you don’t come to us, we can’t help you. And if you do come to us, you have a much better chance of your debt problem going away.
If you want to know more, please fill out your contact details
in the form at the top of the page.